For the past week and a half, the Tribeca Film Festival has been on in full swing in Midtown and lower Manhattan. I decided a few weeks I wanted to go, so I went down to the box office a bought a ticket to 2 different shows. The first one I saw was yesterday afternoon, called "9 Star Hotel", which was a documentary about Palestinians who live in shantys just over the border in Israel so they can work, illegally, to support their families, always on the alert for police who would send them back to their homes. It was a really interesting show, and was on a subject I didn't know much about, so I really enjoyed it.
Today I saw my second show, "Sons of Sakhnin United," also a documentary. It was a really good film about the only Arab soccer team in Israel, which is made up of Arabs, Jews and a few foreigners. The team won the national cup in 2004 and the film followed them during the year after that and how the team has shown that Jews and Arabs can work together (it also portrays a few other social and political issues, but that'll be too much to explain and that's not what I want to write about anyway). Well, after the film, I'm leaving the theater and there were 2 men off to the side of the entrance, one with a camera, and another with a microphone. Well, they asked me if I'd be willing to go on camera and say what I thought about the film. I was a bit hesitant, not being that great of a critic, but I enjoyed the film so I agreed. After I said my bit, I asked where they would be showing the footage. Anyone of you who would like to see me make a fool of myself on camera can, one day in the near future, find me on the Tribeca Film Festival website and on ESPN (it was part of ESPN's sports films of the festival). I don't know exactly when, but if you hear or see something about "Sons of Sakhnin United", you may just find me there!!
Saturday, May 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment