Wednesday, May 9, 2007

My getaway in DC

So two weekends ago I made a trip down to DC to visit Tia. It was nice to spend a weekend out of the city. I flew down on Friday morning and stayed until Monday night. As it was my 3rd time visiting her, we took it a bit easy and didn't worry too much about seeing too many sights. We did spend Saturday at Mount Vernon, the former estate of George Washington. Here we are with George and Martha:
Here's his mansion
This is George Washington's tomb
And this is his back porch, which has a great view of the Potomac
Tia's hangin' with Ben while Nick and Nick Jr. are getting their kite ready to fly

We, of course, had a GNO, which got a bit silly at the end...(we love our self-portraits)

This is another picture from their photo shoot on Sunday We did spend Monday touring the Pentagon, which was really cool, but there were no cameras allowed, so...I have no pictures of it. We walked all around, seeing the 9/11 memorial and chapel, the press room, the hallway where the Secretary of Defense's office is, the Joint chiefs' offices, and even the shops. I was amazed to learn that the Pentagon has their own post office, jewellers, dry cleaners, CVS Pharmacy, not to mention a dozen fastfood places. It pretty much has everything but apartments (although it wouldn't surprise me if some of the employees spend long nights)!

No comments: