So a couple of weeks ago now, a few girls from my ward invited me to go to dinner with them and them to a movie. I went and we ate at this great mexican place down in the Village called Mi Cocina. It was a nice little place, full of people, with brightly colored walls and a very loud atmosphere. We were lucky enough to be next to a big group where sat not a few drunk and loud women (the men at the table were more controlled). Despite that, the food was great! Afterwards we went to a movie theater nearby, but what we saw was no normal movie...it was the Animated short nominees for the 2006 Academy Awards, plus a few shortlisted contenders. It was quite fun. The nominees were all very good. We each tried to guess which one would win, but I found it very difficult to choose one. Watching these shorts actually motivated me to watch the Oscars, if only to see which Animated short won the award. It was "The Danish Poet". Very cute story about the series of events which led the narrator's parents to meet one another.
The next day I had the pleasure of spending my afternoon and evening with Christine. She drove down from Connecticut and we went to dinner and then met up with her friend and went to see "The Apple Tree" starring Kristin Chenoweth. Great show!
Last weekend, I discovered shopping in New York. Not necessarily a good thing. Thank heavens for discount stores. Despite having to look on just about every rack in the place to find anything, there are great deals to be had for the diligent. I made off with five skirts, a jacket and a hat. What a great weekend!
Sunday, March 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You've got to show me the shopping! Howt good was the deal? And 5 skirts! Wow, girl! That's great. Should I bring an extra suitcase to help you bring some stuff back home?
Love,
Tiff
Post a Comment