

I was in the front passenger seat, and as you can see from above, the roof was smashed in from the rolling. You could say that my head stopped it from coming in further. I hit my head as we rolled. The funny thing? My roommate had $10 in quarters in her front consol that all went flying as we rolled...They seemed to be everywhere!
The amazing thing is how many little miracles the Lord performed. Two guys from our ward were following behind us, saw the accident, and pulled over to help us. They had never taken Spanish Fork canyon before and had decided to go that way to see what it was like. Then as we were getting ready to leave to drive to the nearest town - none of us had service where we crashed - a highway patrolman miraculously came driving down the road. After marking the car, the officer suggested we pull down the road about a half-mile to get out of the way in case someone else hit the ice at that bend in the road. Not 10 minutes after driving down the road, another car of 4 from our ward came around that same bend, hit the ice, did a 180 and hit my roommate's car. The car was definitely totalled after the other car hit it. Luckily, we weren't any where near it. Here's the car after:



And after all of that, all 8 of us involved in the two accidents were okay. I had a bit of a headache for a couple days, but there could have been so much more damage done then was. And we still made it to Manti to the session our ward was going to! When we stopped at the towing company to clean out my roommate's car before heading back to Bountiful, the tow guy told us that there had been two fatal accidents already this year on that same stretch of road we crashed on. It hit me then how blessed we really were.
If anyone ever says that miracles don't happen any more, I have a long list to prove them wrong.
3 comments:
Hey, missy, you failed to tell me in your email that you got in a car accident! I am so happy that you are ok ........ and, I agree with you about the miracles! You are amazing Mother Russia!
Wow! That's quite a story! And yes, what a miracle no one was hurt.
I am so glad you are all right! Aren't we grateful for miracles!!!!
Post a Comment